Perry Hall, MD
Summer has arrived and it’s time we discuss summer fashion for your senior session!
– lavender: this is the season’s hottest color right now and we absolutely LOVE it! The best ways to wear this beautiful color for your senior session is any way you want to! Throw on a lavender mini-dress, skirt or shorts, trouser pants, it doesn’t matter! You can’t go wrong with this trend!
– mermaidcore: with the upcoming debut of the new live action “The Little Mermaid” movie hitting the screens this month, mermaids are in season! Everything from shimmery scales and long trains to sheer mesh and aquatic colors are super in style right now.
– asymmetricity: this 90’s trend is coming back with a vengeance! We are all going to start to see dresses with asymmetrical hems that run from one thigh all the way down to the ground. Consider applying this trend to your upcoming formal dresses for an extra trendy flair!
– hips: this trend is all about highlighting your hips with fit and flair dresses, peplum, and more! Be sure not to go overboard so that the extra fabric doesn’t take attention away from your face.
– lace: This 90’s trend is showing up in lace edged baby doll dresses, tanks, and camis. And as a 90’s girl myself, I wonder when we’ll start seeing it as a layering piece under other shirts!
Whew! There’s A LOT going on in summer trends right now! Don’t forget that the way to wear a trend (especially for your senior pictures) is in small elements – not the entire outfit! Keep your trendy pieces anchored with classic staples and you can never go wrong!
Want MORE what to wear tips and advice for your upcoming senior portrait session? Scroll through!
| Heather Allred | Perry Hall, MD Senior Photographer |